Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Club Theme Songs

Or something like that. It seems I'm not the only one to love Club Noon in Osaka, Sunaga t (him of the fantastic mix albums 'worldline' and serious jazz dance dj) wrote a song for it called High at Noon. Got to say though, loving the light jazz beat in the background (not very clear on the mp3 sample) and the chant bit, but really not feeling the nasally vocalist (I've heard her on some other stuff with Hajime Yoshizawa or Jazztronik or someone, but I can't say I'm a fan.) In particular, the piano solo on this is such a nice example of smoky floor jazz done right that I uploaded my own little sample. Persevere past the singer to hear a deep solo. Anyway, it's an ode to such a cool venue I can forgive it.

Also, 'The Room' in Tokyo, a fantastic small club right at the heart of the jazz crossover scene, has a very chilled (and admittedly better) song written for it by (my hero) Hajime Yoshizawa, just called The Room. Had a couple of great nights there and might head back again if there's time. I'll miss these places.

No comments: